Sunday, July 5, 2009

We went on a day long women's retreat at this place called The Prim Rose Tea House. It is a beautiful house that was donated to preserve this particular area of Colorado. Our teaching was about Ebeneezers and the discipline of remembrance. The women shared a couple neat things:
1. We must remember what God has done because we are prone to forget.
2. God desires us to know/remember what he has done so that we can be reminded of his love.
3. What he has done in the past gives us strength for future steps of faith.
In order to help us develop the discipline of remembrance we made memory journals. This is Emily and I working on our journals. While we were working we were to share with each other about a time when we have seen the hand of God in our lives. It was amazing to hear stories of God's faithfulness played out in my own life as well as the lives of others.

From left to right this is me, Brittany, and AnnaMarie. We went to the Broadmore, which is a beautiful hotel that was not far from the tea house. Brittany and Annamarie were my hang out partners for the afternoon.


And this is us again being silly! We had so much fun.


AnnaMarie treated us to chia lattes at the coffee shop!

This is a view of one of the sidewalks at the Broadmore. It was gorgeous.

The flowers were beautiful.

The patio was beautiful as well. It struck me that with all that man can build none of it would be beautiful a part from the adornment of God's creation. The buildings are impressive, but without the flowers and trees this place would not be as alluring. Though many who go there don't realize it, what calls them is the creation of the God who loves them. He calls to all of his through his creation.







No comments:

About Me

My photo
It's funny the things that we learn as we grow. And I don't just mean as we get older, I mean as we learn about ourselves, our world, and our God. I am 25 and I am learning that the circumstances of life are unpredictable. However the presence of God in those curcumstances, in my life and in my heart, is more constatnt even then the rising sun. God is the creator, fullfiller, and motivator of my dreams and desires. His presence is the key to their success and value, and his presence is the joy of my life. This blog is to share as he pursues me and I learn to abide in his presence.