Sunday, July 12, 2009

We went camping over 4th of July weekend and it was amazing. A couple weekends before the boys had gone on a camping trip and had found this place that they came back raving about and wanting to share with us girls. We got there and set up camp and then climbed up the mountain right behind where we were camping. This was the view from the mountain on the first night! The presence of God was tangible in this place. He is so much more present then we are aware of. Too often we are too busy to be still and feel his touch in the rays of the sun or his majesty in the sunset. This was a weekend of stillness for me! It was wonderful.
This is Gary (in the back), then Rachel, Elizabeth, and Brittany (up front). We so enjoyed the top of this mountain! What a wonderful thing to be able to enjoy God's beauty both as it is reflected in nature and the people around me.

Our camp site! It was like a little town!

This is us! We have only been here for just under two months but we love each other. We are sisters. We delight in each others beauty and the light that it shines into our lives. Each of these girls bless my heart and their smiles brighten my day. What a privilege that God would bring us all to this place. I am blessed.

Amy lead us in worship at the mountain top. First of all she is a brave a beautiful person, and not just because she was willing to stand on a rock and play her guitar. Her spirit and voice have blessed us tremendously over the weeks. We met with God on this mountain top and praise flowed out of us. What else is there to do in the presence of a mighty God?

This is my friend Micah and I. God has given him a spirit of energy that is contagious!

So I think that this picture was supposed to be one up but that's ok.:)
We are learning amazing things while we are here, at least in part because we read and study a lot....a whole lot! But this time all of these girls are actually reading for fun.

From left to right this is Emily, Rebecca, Micah, me, and Sarah! I cannot say enough about these people. They have blessed me so many unique ways and I love them dearly.

This is me and Emily! Emily is strong, beautiful, and has a wonderful spirit of adventure! She encourages me and her strong femininity challenges me. She is a treasure.
The view is just stunning whether you are high or low. This is at the base of the mountain that we were on top of most of the camping trip.

This is Rebeka, Sarah, and me, and Michael is the one in the back ground. We were trying to figure out how to get him across the river but the current was really strong and he didn't want to get his shoes wet. So instead we did the best we could to get him in our picture


Flowers along the road.

More flowers!

Another of the view.

And last but not least, the Aspen trees! I thought that these were so beautiful. That is the end of our camping. It was a wonderful time of connecting with God and the beautiful people that he has put in my life for this brief season. God is good!
















No comments:

About Me

My photo
It's funny the things that we learn as we grow. And I don't just mean as we get older, I mean as we learn about ourselves, our world, and our God. I am 25 and I am learning that the circumstances of life are unpredictable. However the presence of God in those curcumstances, in my life and in my heart, is more constatnt even then the rising sun. God is the creator, fullfiller, and motivator of my dreams and desires. His presence is the key to their success and value, and his presence is the joy of my life. This blog is to share as he pursues me and I learn to abide in his presence.