Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cake

So I honestly never though that I would say this, but lets talk about cake for a minuet. After all it is what I do and have been doing for the last year. Prior to this job I would say that I did not qualify as a cake person in any way. I didn't particualarly like to eat it, I had never considered baking one, and i certainly had never considered that the construction of a cake was extremly complex. But more importantly I didn't know that this four letter word could cause so much anger. I didn't realize that frosting a cake teal instead of terquoise could alter the temperature in the room by about 20 degrees because the woman in front of me is about to blow. I had no idea that in order to get 2 more cupcakes than policy allows someone would leave, walk out to their car, and then come back in and demand that extra 2 while explaining that the sign says "12 at a time" not "12 per day" or "12 per person". I had no idea that a singel cake order could be important enough to keep me on the phone multiple times per day for an entire week "ironing out the details". And I certianly had no idea that a wedding cake could be 5 tiers and serve 539 people and cost well over 1,000 dollars. The long and short if it is that I know better now. So when taking on things that seem to be the less important things of life such as cake, beware. What is water off a ducks back to you may cause another person to push up daisys prematurly.

1 comment:

Dana & Ryan said...

So Ryan and I both think this blog post is extremely well written! Very clever. I just love the person who walked out to their car and got two more cupcakes! Those stories are priceless! And let me tell you we are so glad your business has become cake, if only for a little while. Because we have been enjoying the very yummy french vanilla cake with chocolate gnonoche and berries! We, of course, fought over it last night...who got the last piece. You'll be happy to know, I ate it. No, I'm just kidding. We shared it, yes, we actually SHARED it! We also really like the cookies as well! Anyway, who knew God would start sanctifying you through cake! And as Marie Antoinette said, "Let them eat cake!".

About Me

My photo
It's funny the things that we learn as we grow. And I don't just mean as we get older, I mean as we learn about ourselves, our world, and our God. I am 25 and I am learning that the circumstances of life are unpredictable. However the presence of God in those curcumstances, in my life and in my heart, is more constatnt even then the rising sun. God is the creator, fullfiller, and motivator of my dreams and desires. His presence is the key to their success and value, and his presence is the joy of my life. This blog is to share as he pursues me and I learn to abide in his presence.